Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baked Apples

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...
the easiest...
recipe...
in the WORLD!

This is a great substitution when you're craving baked goods like apple pie

Ingredients:
4 apples (I use granny smith)
4 tbsp clarified butter (or ghee)
4 tsp cinnamon
a dash of nutmeg (freshly grated would be ideal; I used dried)

1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Core the apples making sure not to go all the way through and to leave the bottom on the apples.  If you have an apple core-r(?) great; I used a small knife.
3. Stuff 1 tbsp of butter inside each apple.
4. Sprinkle a tablespoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of nutmeg into each apple.
5. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the apples are soft.
6. Serve immediately.  I like to add chilled coconut milk, but that's up to you.

Hooray for apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment